Accounting is a way of communicating the financial health of an organization to current and future investors. The broad types of accounting include: Taxes, Payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, Bookkeeping and Auditing.
Once your Accounting degree is completed, you can apply to a professional body to earn a designation. There are several professional bodies such as SAICA, SAIPA, IRBA and CIMA. Whilst planning out your career development plan, ensure your qualification and the university chosen are accredited by the professional body.
- SAICA – South African Institute of Chartered Accountants
- SAIPA – South African Institute of Professional Accountants
- IRBA – Independent Regulatory Board of Auditors
- CIMA – Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- ACMA – Associate of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- CGMA – Chartered Global Management Accountants
Each of these professional bodies indicate steppingstone to navigate through your career development plan until you are achieving the highest level the professional body.
GENERAL ACADEMIC PROGRESSION STUDY PROGRAMS
GENERAL ACADEMIC PROGRESSION CAREER MAP
VOCATIONAL ACADEMIC PROGRESSION STUDY PROGRAMS
VOCATIONAL ACADEMIC PROGRESSION CAREER MAP